Sunday, October 26, 2014

Well, I thought I thought I might chance to find a ‘jumping off point’ that worked for me here, at the Cathedral. I was looking for the original of the Canterbury Cross and some context for it.  I found it, and some context, at the City of Canterbury Museum.  And I found some time for quiet reflection at St Dunstan’s imagining Henry II’s penance for the murder of Thomas Beckett over at the Cathedral.  And St. Thomas More’s head is here, I should note.  Tangible evidence of things said to have happened.  And then I was on my way.  After a  time of that pensive inertia, eyes wide to the blue sky, a time of bent-kneed momentum down a path. I sense movement that may lead obscurely to the meadow of the green man in spring, with the statue of marble and gold.  A vale of truth and discovery.  But it's the journey, not the destination, that holds the gold!

No comments:

Post a Comment